Effective help for Anxiety Disorders
Help for Anxiety Disorders in Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife. Welcoming enquiries from further afield in Scotland and London.
"I came to Thrive with long standing depression and anxiety. After searching for several solutions with the NHS nothing seemed to work, Thrive’s the only thing that has really worked. I now know how to get
myself thriving, and that’s so empowering! I’d highly recommend Michelle she’s amazing at what she does!"
JW from Edinburgh
Anxiety is a fearful state of apprehension, worry and doubt. It encompasses the thoughts, worries and feelings either behind or resulting from, a specific response or symptom. Anxiety can take many forms and sometimes its not clear-cut, as many symptoms can overlap, nut here’s a breakdown of specific conditions.
Generalised anxiety disorder GAD:
Overall feelings of anxiety which can’t be pinpointed to anything specific in a person’s life.
Obsessive compulsive disorder OCD:
Obsessional thoughts require the sufferer to carry out compulsive behaviours as a way of trying to clamber back control of the obsession and life.
Post-traumatic stress disorder PTSD:
Experienced after a traumatic event or experience. Anxiety is just one of other symptoms.
Fears and phobias:
Are specific to one thing and out of proportion, interfering with the person’s ability to live a normal life.
Sudden and overwhelming feeling of panic which can leave the sufferer feeling as if they can’t breathe and may die with the severity of the symptoms.
Symptoms of Anxiety:
- a sense of dread
- feeling constantly "on edge"
- difficulty concentrating
- a noticeably strong, fast or irregular heartbeat (palpitations)
- muscle aches and tension
- trembling or shaking
- dry mouth
- excessive sweating
- shortness of breath
- stomach ache and feeling sick
- feeling you’re going mad, are not in control of your body or are detached from surroundings
- pins and needles
- difficulty falling or staying asleep (insomnia)
"I feel so much better on a daily basis and if I start to worry, I have the tools to catch this and make a change. I am much more relaxed and productive as I no longer spend a lot of energy “putting out fires” and trying to motivate myself. Mostly I want to say a thank you to Michelle for helping me challenge my thinking styles
and perspective on things!"
KT from Edinburgh
Working with me you will learn how to combat your Anxiety so you can…
- Feel more in-control of your body.
- Learn how to manage emotions which can lead to anxiety.
- Learn how to change your responses, so you don’t create stress.
- Say yes to your friends and a night-out, no longer having to invent elaborate excuses why you can’t make
- Feel more in-control and powerful of situations you would have previously felt anxious about.
- Realise that you don’t need other people, a drink or a cigarette to give you confidence.
- Say yes to every social invitation, knowing you’ll genuinely enjoy yourself and have fun.
- Lose that horrible feeling of dread that drains up so much energy as you remain on ‘high alert.’
- Feel more at ease and able to relax easily.
OR EVEN BETTER WHY NOT ARRANGE
A FREE NO-OBLIGATION CONSULTATION?
LET’S GET YOU THRIVING and smash anxiety disorders.
Thrive with Michelle
28 Forth Street, Edinburgh EH1 3LH
The Thrive Programme with Michelle Winter serving Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife.
Within easy reach of
Musselburgh, Haddington, Tranent, Cockenzie, Longniddry, Gullane,
North Berwick, Dalkeith, Gorebridge, Newton Grange, Lasswade, Roslin, Penicuik,
West Linton, East Calder, West Calder, Livingston, Broxburn, Newbridge and Kirkliston.
Thrive with Michelle
Light Centre Belgravia
7-9 Eccleston Street, Belgravia, SW1W 9LX
The Thrive Programme with Michelle Winter serving Central London.
Within easy reach of
Victoria, Westminster, Chelsea, South Kensington, North Kensington, South Kensington, West Kensington, Knightsbridge, Marylebone, Paddington, Notting Hill, St Giles, Shepherds Bush, Ladbroke Grove, Kensington & Chelsea, Earls Court, Fulham and Hammersmith.
Want to know more information or keen to get started? Just fill in your details below to get in touch.