Effective help for Irritable-Bowel-Syndrome
Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome in Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife. Welcoming enquiries from further afield in Scotland and London.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common, long-term condition of the digestive system. It can cause bouts of stomach cramps, bloating, diarrhoea and/or constipation. The symptoms vary between individuals and affect some people more severely than others. They tend to come and go in periods lasting a few days, to a few months at a time, often during times of stress.
IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion whereby it is diagnosed when all other investigations have ruled out alternatives. It is believed that it can affect as many as one in five of the population at any one time, although this may be even higher as a lot of sufferers keep it to themselves through fear of embarrassment. The term ‘syndrome’ is an umbrella term, which loosely groups together a cluster of symptoms that can vary person to person, but typically two or more of the following symptoms may be experienced.
Possible symptoms of IBS…
- Urgency in needing to open bowels, which can result in incontinence if there isn’t access to a toilet quickly.
- Abdominal pain and cramps.
- Painful swallowing.
- Noisy gurgling stomach which may be loud enough to cause social embarrassment.
- Variable, erratic and unpredictable bowel habits.
- Severe short stabbing pains in the rectum.
- Passing urine more often.
- Loss of appetite.
- Nausea and in extreme cases vomiting.
- Mucous passed with stool.
- Pain in the shoulder-blades.
- Depressive symptoms.
- Anxiety and stress-related symptoms, which may interact with the gut symptoms.
"I have reduced my IBS by about 80%, and I know this will continue, this is massive. I am now building the life I want to live and feel much more in-control of my body.
Thanks for everything Michelle".
MG from Edinburgh
The mind and body are very much linked together, so when one isn’t at full par it makes sense that the other will be affected. For some people when they feel under pressure, anxious or stressed their gut will be effected, hence IBS symptoms occur. The person may feel embarrassed about their IBS, which can heighten symptoms. By working on changing your psychological processes with me, your IBS symptoms will dramatically reduce.
Working with me you will learn how to combat your IBS so you can…
- Feel more in-control of your body. Learn how to manage emotions which can lead to an IBS episode.
- Learn how to change your responses, so you don’t create stress and anxiety.
- Develop the right mindset so that other people’s opinions of you don’t matter.
- Realise that you don’t need other people, a drink or a cigarette to give you confidence.
- Feel powerful enough to achieve any goal in life you want.
- Look in the mirror and be happy with who looks back.
- Say yes to your friends and a night-out, no longer having to invent elaborate excuses why you can’t make it.
OR EVEN BETTER WHY NOT ARRANGE
A FREE NO-OBLIGATION CONSULTATION?
LET’S GET YOU THRIVING AND SMASH ibs.
Thrive with Michelle
28 Forth Street, Edinburgh EH1 3LH
The Thrive Programme with Michelle Winter serving Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife.
Within easy reach of
Musselburgh, Haddington, Tranent, Cockenzie, Longniddry, Gullane,
North Berwick, Dalkeith, Gorebridge, Newton Grange, Lasswade, Roslin, Penicuik,
West Linton, East Calder, West Calder, Livingston, Broxburn, Newbridge and Kirkliston.
Thrive with Michelle
Light Centre Belgravia
7-9 Eccleston Street, Belgravia, SW1W 9LX
The Thrive Programme with Michelle Winter serving Central London.