Effective help for Depression
Depression is more than simply feeling low for a few days. It’s feeling sad for a sustained period of time over weeks or months. In a nutshell depression is a feeling of being out of control of life and that life is simply happening to us. We lose belief in ourselves and our ability to cope and take control back. This can make us feel powerless, and ‘stuck’.
Depression is the most common mental health problem of the western world, with a third of society likely to suffer it at some point in their lives. Stats indicate that it’s more common in women than men. However recently has seen a big drive to get men talking and engaging in services, as its believed depression in men maybe a lot more common than once realised.
Depression can happen to anyone of any age, background, culture and lifestyle. Sometimes there are events in life that can initiate depression, such as a relationship breakdown, loss of employment or stress for example. Other times depression can creep up for no apparent reason, hitting us ‘out of the blue.’ It’s pretty common for depression to be present along with other disorders such as generalised anxiety, OCD, PTSD and social anxiety.
Depression is NOT a
Remember, depression is NOT a personal weakness. It takes strength to ask for help, and working with me is the first step to you taking back control of your life.
"I now no longer need to take antidepressant medication, thrive is enough for me! I didn’t realise how many limiting beliefs I was carrying round stopping me having the life I wanted. Thrive has changed my life for the better. I’d highly recommend Michelle she’s amazing at what she does."
JW from Edinburgh
Possible symptoms of depression…
• Loss of appetite or increase in appetite.
• Early morning wakening or difficulty getting off to sleep, or sleeping more than usual.
• Feeling tired a lot and having less energy.
• Poor concentration.
• Continuous feelings of guilt, shame, helplessness or sadness.
• Sustained feelings of loneliness and isolation.
• Loss of feelings of pleasure.
• Loss of libido.
• Low self-esteem and self-confidence.
• Weight loss or weight gain.
• Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts.
• Feelings of numb or emptiness.
Whilst a lot of these symptoms are common, depression is different for everyone, particularly between men and women, as men can have a tendency to bury their feelings.
"I now feel so much more in control of my life and not worried about the things I can’t control! The sessions with Michelle are very relaxed and informal. She has an excellent sense of humour and I felt in safe hands learning to Thrive."
LH from Edinburgh
Working with me you will learn how to beat your depression so you can…
• Get you back to work.
• Feel more in control of your life than ever before.
• Spot when you are going off track and take action.
• Find inner peace.
• Feel good about you and your relationship.
• Feel powerful enough to achieve any goal you want.
• Improve your self-esteem.
• Feel more fulfilled and grateful.
• Make you happen to life, rather than it happening to you.
OR EVEN BETTER WHY NOT ARRANGE
A FREE NO-OBLIGATION CONSULTATION?
LET’S GET YOU THRIVING AND SMASH depression.
Thrive with Michelle
28 Forth Street, Edinburgh EH1 3LH
The Thrive Programme with Michelle Winter serving Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife.
Within easy reach of
Musselburgh, Haddington, Tranent, Cockenzie, Longniddry, Gullane,
North Berwick, Dalkeith, Gorebridge, Newton Grange, Lasswade, Roslin, Penicuik,
West Linton, East Calder, West Calder, Livingston, Broxburn, Newbridge and Kirkliston.
Thrive with Michelle
Light Centre Belgravia
7-9 Eccleston Street, Belgravia, SW1W 9LX
The Thrive Programme with Michelle Winter serving Central London.